One of my favorite things to give on valentine’s day is coupons. I love the idea of adding a scratch-off section to the coupon to add a little more surprise. This is a fun thing to do as a kid craft too! I created the coupon image for you to download from this page too!
- Downloaded Love Coupons File
- Metallic Acrylic Paint (I used Martha Stewart Brand)
- Dish Soap
- Shipping Tape
- Paper Cutter or Scissors
- Print off the love coupon file you downloaded onto the cardstock (there will be 4 coupons per page) and cut the coupons apart (if you still need the file – find it here)
- With sharpie, add what you want the coupon to be for in the space provided: massage, pedicure, cleaning, hugs, etc.
3. Cut a piece of the shipping tape to cover the handwritten area – place over handwritten area
4. Mix the paint with the dish soap (2 parts paint to 1 part dishsoap)
5. Paint a layer over the shipping tape area. You will need to paint 4 layers to cover the sharpie-written message. Allow each layer to dry about 20 minutes before adding the next layer
6. Allow the coupon to dry completely