My daughter wanted some canvas shoes for Spring – which had me looking at them online. Apparently the latest trend is to wear patterned shoes – there are some pretty spectacular designs out there! This inspired a great kids craft for my daughters and their friend. We went to Target and purchased some simple, one-color, canvas shoes and all looked online for design inspiration. These are the designs they came up with – and I love them! Here are the directions for you to try this with your children:
- Canvas shoes
- Puffy paint or acrylic paint (Martha Stewart paints are great)
- Take the laces out of the shoes
- Find your design inspiration (do some internet searches)
- Using the puffy paints, or acrylic paints with paintbrush, paint your design on the shoes
- Allow paint to dry and replace laces
The kids had such a great time decorating their shoes. They all plan to wear them to school tomorrow.